What are small stones?

What are Small Stones?

Small stones are an observed moment,
written down. My small stones were initially inspired by the River of Stones
project each January, which sees hundreds of people observing a moment or
experience in their day and writing it down for the month. They can then be
shared on blogs, Facebook, Twitter or just written in a notebook, on a pebble,
the loo roll... To find out more about the flow of this simple movement to bring
more presence and awareness into our lives, check out the following link:
http://www.writingourwayhome.com/p/small-stones.html



Saturday, January 7, 2012

The door opens and I'm smiling
at a beautiful cat's face,
then my friend appears saying 'come in dear'
and I'm here again,
amongst the warmth and the deep reds,
the cats and this amazing woman I love,
who's putting hot soup in front of me
and asking if I like champagne.
My spirit purring
as if nothing, nothing at all,
could be wrong in the world.

2 comments:

  1. I like this so much because it conveys a gentle moment of warmth and friendship, with all the very best of welcome calming and generosity of spirit. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Blossom :-) Yes it was exactly as you describe so well. A moment which stays in the heart xx

    ReplyDelete