What are small stones?

What are Small Stones?

Small stones are an observed moment,
written down. My small stones were initially inspired by the River of Stones
project each January, which sees hundreds of people observing a moment or
experience in their day and writing it down for the month. They can then be
shared on blogs, Facebook, Twitter or just written in a notebook, on a pebble,
the loo roll... To find out more about the flow of this simple movement to bring
more presence and awareness into our lives, check out the following link:
http://www.writingourwayhome.com/p/small-stones.html



Sunday, January 15, 2012

Nightmare

Looking at his sleeping face

calm now after a battle

with horrors only he could see,

I realise again, as I always do

at times like this,

that what I want most for him

is enough strength

to recover from fear

however it strikes him.

To find peace within himself.
To know always,
how much he is loved.
I remember that this comes first
before any other 'education'
me or this world
can offer him.

No comments:

Post a Comment